Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
ERABBIT

Seneca First solo trip out of new camp

Figured it was time to give it ago this morning , went down 715 or so fished till 10ish. Getting out of lift and back in went very good. 

I thought I had an idea where the browns should be so I set-up a two rigger spoon program. Ended up with 5 small bows small 12" and smaller 8". One small brown 15.5" and a 21" #4 landlock........ I was very happy to see these small fish the first I've caught in three years....one of the bows could have been a landlock but I like to get them back in the water fast as I can when they are that size.The board is just there for size didn't run it.

13640899_1643297309322891_46304453982957

13640889_1643297265989562_72021804796277

Thanks Rick , you at camp ?

WTG Ed, sounds like a great couple hours fishing

Good going Ed you sure did better better than we did. We trolled from 6 AM till 2:30 PM  and from north of the high banks to just north of Sampson and then from halfway between Long Point to Belhurst with 6 rods out and all we could manage was one 8 inch rainbow and a 10 inch landlock, Saw lots of bait but not many fish. No other hits. The weeds were very bad on both sides nearly the whole time out and we had a few fleas on the wires but the leadcore and copper were fine. We fished from 70 ft to 170 with most time spent in 80-100 where most of the bait was. Very disappointing day

Nice fishing.

Thanks.

Nice Ed !! May see you out there tomorrow. .

Mike

Sent from my SM-N910V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Thanks Mike , we'll see what it looks like in the morning....good luck.

Good going Ed you sure did better better than we did. We trolled from 6 AM till 2:30 PM  and from north of the high banks to just north of Sampson and then from halfway between Long Point to Belhurst with 6 rods out and all we could manage was one 8 inch rainbow and a 10 inch landlock, Saw lots of bait but not many fish. No other hits. The weeds were very bad on both sides nearly the whole time out and we had a few fleas on the wires but the leadcore and copper were fine. We fished from 70 ft to 170 with most time spent in 80-100 where most of the bait was. Very disappointing day

Weeds were not bad south of Long Point just stringers no pods...... I'm running 15# on riggers very little fleas so far...

Yep  I didn't have any on the 30 lb Sea Flee with12 lb fluooro leaders either but they showed up on the 30 lb SS 7 strand in about a 12 inch clump on each. Most of the weeds were small pods but they were nearly everywhere we went but conditions seemed a little better on the west side (but not much) :lol:

Yep  I didn't have any on the 30 lb Sea Flee with12 lb fluooro leaders either but they showed up on the 30 lb SS 7 strand in about a 12 inch clump on each. Most of the weeds were small pods but they were nearly everywhere we went but conditions seemed a little better on the west side (but not much) :lol:

The wind has been like a seesaw all week , from the south , from the north , from the south , from the north...... the weeds must be dizzy buy now.... :rofl:

:lol:

Ed,

Good to see you're out fishing again... I'm looking forward to seeing pics of some of your browns!

Brad-

Thanks Brad , I'm having a hard time finding the mother lode of browns , just have keep plugging away for them

Back out this morning , same two rod spread picked up two browns 8" to 12" ( yea looks like they stocked some this year ) and another 21" 4.5# landlock female eggs added .5# ....... talked Iron Duke on my way in ...... time to get the fleaflicker out one rod that was in for awhile was jammed up with fleas , guess the little bows keep me busy enough yesterday it didn't build up..... nasty lampyre on the salmon , this fish was a bull-dog like a brown wonder how hard it would/could have fight with out some much life sucked out of it.....

post-139487-0-02065400-1468071571_thumb.jpg

A lot of these lampreys seem to be older adults from the size and maybe that could be a good thing if the last treatment of the ammocetes was successful. I know in the past when they started up the treatments it seemed that way a while afterward. Anything that can help is sure a step in the right direction as the fishery seems under heavy pressure right now. I know it may seem sadistic but I seem to derive great pleasure from grasping their heads with pliers while making two of them with my knife :lol:

Edited by Sk8man

A lot of these lampreys seem to be older adults from the size and maybe that could be a good thing if the last treatment of the ammocetes was successful. I know in the past when they started up the treatments it seemed that way a while afterward. Anything that can help is sure a step in the right direction as the fishery seems under heavy pressure right now. I know it may seem sadistic but I seem to derive great pleasure from grasping their heads with pliers while making two of them with my knife :lol:

Ya well mine would not grab him so I had to get the knife , now there's two of them but one does not have any teeth..... :P   

Back out this morning , same two rod spread picked up two browns 8" to 12" ( yea looks like they stocked some this year ) and another 21" 4.5# landlock female eggs added .5# ....... talked Iron Duke on my way in ...... time to get the fleaflicker out one rod that was in for awhile was jammed up with fleas , guess the little bows keep me busy enough yesterday it didn't build up..... nasty lampyre on the salmon , this fish was a bull-dog like a brown wonder how hard it would/could have fight with out some much life sucked out of it.....

attachicon.gif101_0569.JPG

Great job and great report.. Nice to see and talk to you today..

Mike

Sent from my SM-N910V using Lake Ontario United mobile app