Oak 7-8 with pic of solo mature double

post-141143-0-65805600-1468157771_thumb.jpg

Heavy duty solo action today. Took fish on Diehard down 65 over 120, home made alewife meat on BW rigs out 250 on reg diver, and 400, 500 copper various spoons. Stayed in 120-175 & had way more action than I could handle + steel on the cheaters.

Edited by chowder

The kicker was the double up of matures on the riggers just minutes after I finally got another major in on the wire. The wire fish ripped over 200' on the first run and did 2 more big runs. I had to rest my left arm after each pump before I reeled, then just as I was beginning to consider how I was going to net the thing with that long twinkie between the diver and the slasher a steelie blasts one of the cheaters and starts leaping all over right behind the boat. Pretty cool! 

Isn't it a 3 rod per person limit? Sounds like you were running a few more than 3

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Ran 1 rigger, 1 copper, 1 diver first thing to start to see what was going on. Hit 3 in a row on the 400 copper and lost all 3 after heartbreaking battles.Now the diver and deep rigger had been dead for 1 1/2 hours so switched to 2 coppers +60' rigger. Then the rigger went 2 times in a row and nothing on the copper for quite a while so pulled the coppers and went with 2 cheated riggers and put a meat rig on the diver rod. Diver fired 5 mintues later with the best fish of the trip. Got that in after a major fight, reset the rigger after releasing the steelie and that is when hell broke loose on both riggers (thank god I had not put the wire rod back out yet). After that I just ran the 2 high riggers and headed back because I was pretty much dead tired. 

Ran 1 rigger, 1 copper, 1 diver first thing to start to see what was going on. Hit 3 in a row on the 400 copper and lost all 3 after heartbreaking battles.Now the diver and deep rigger had been dead for 1 1/2 hours so switched to 2 coppers +60' rigger. Then the rigger went 2 times in a row and nothing on the copper for quite a while so pulled the coppers and went with 2 cheated riggers and put a meat rig on the diver rod. Diver fired 5 mintues later with the best fish of the trip. Got that in after a major fight, reset the rigger after releasing the steelie and that is when hell broke loose on both riggers (thank god I had not put the wire rod back out yet). After that I just ran the 2 high riggers and headed back because I was pretty much dead tired.

I fish solo 85% of the time. For these reasons mentioned above When I leave the dock I have 6 rods out and ready. 2 rigger rods 2 diver rods and 2 coppers (450/600). You never know what the fish will like on any given day. It's a lot easier to have the rods out and ready then to head below and get them out after.

Great job and your day you earned it !!!!