Help please

Hello everyone.   I am a "retired" charter captain out of Cleveland on Lake Erie and am looking to make a run up to Olcott next sunday-Tuesday for some salmon chasing.   I haven't been up there in years and was hoping to get a little updated info.   I would be more than happy to share some info on Erie and Walleye if anyone is planning on coming down here.  Anyway I will be running 2 riggers and also some lead lines on boards.   Mostly,  I was hoping to find out how the fishing is up there right now and roughly where they are right now out of Olcott.  I'm guessing 1.7-2.3 mph is a good starting point and generally I run the large Stingers.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks and I hope everyone is having a successful fishing season! 

Jerry

Agree with Choked up, if you have depth raider, I'd shoot for 2.2-2.3 down at the ball, which yesterday was 2.9-3.2 surface speed for me. Speed is probably more critical than what spoons/flashers you run. Fish are spread out from 90-250+ fow depending on wind, time of day,etc. If you don't have down temp/speed etc. I'd put the riggers at 55 and 65 and weave back and forth going from 100 to 200 fow going 2.6 to 3.4 That will tell a guy with your background everything you need to know in a hurry.

Thats perfect thank you!   We don't have serious currents to worry about on Erie.   I remember the currents really messed with me previously.   That will definitely play with my speed and direction of the bait.