SWR SET UP

Truth be told he was barely a man, more woman lol

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

No doubt he was probably jealous of you, liked your dinner partner. Been exposed to that once... very unusual feeling. I got all the attention while my girlfriend got totally ignored and the tone of voice change! I was starting to get physically ill...and he thought something was wrong with my meal! Never ate there again. Shhheeesh!

Sent from my SM-N900P using Lake Ontario United mobile app

With the kings staging, are you still running only spoons behind them? 

Well, I am heading to Georgian Bay, I have lots of meat ready to go, but I haven't ever tried meat on the SWR rod, I will have to think about that. 

• 3 weeks later...

I just tried a two colour SWR set up and it worked really well on Lake Ontario. I caught most of my fish on this set up. But they were all 10-21lbs. I ran it off the down rigger 150' back 32' down. I didn't want to change anything because it was working and for my first trip to Lake Ontario it was working so well.

I am heading back for another day...question I was hoping someone could help with is...do I need to fish deeper? Change to a 3 or 4 colour swr or put more or less line out. I would like to find something bigger this time.

Thanks for any help. attachicon.gifImageUploadedByLake Ontario United1468293139.226478.jpg

If you are 150' back of the ball and 32' down, what depth is the spoon actually running in ? Is there a rough calculation for off the ball and ball depth to give you an idea where your at in the water column ?

I bought some lead core to try to set up on one of my down rigger rods, like you describe. I hope it works. I use large open face spinning reels for my down riggers because I need my level winds with line counters to use for dipseys.

Sent from my XT1030 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Leadcore on a spinning reel will be a disaster of epic proportion.