89 trophy hardtop kicker mount help!

eafd30

Trying to mount my kicker motor on this boat is becoming real tricky , current location will not work,to mount the motor low enough it puts any bracket below where my transom angles back towards the bow .... Has anyone mounted a kicker on this type of hull or similar ? Any help is greatly appreciated!post-149698-14683651849313_thumb.jpgpost-149698-1468365203891_thumb.jpgpost-149698-14683652663717_thumb.jpg

I've used channel stock to space kicker bracket further from transom and you could lengthen it to go lower. I'd check transom for strength and use backer in the mounting area. Also looks like you could move the outboard mounting material lower too to get lower as well. If you have a short shaft kicker that makes it that much tougher.

Are you saying you can't reach down to pick it up when it's down, or is the angle the issue? Put the bracket in the running position so me and others can see to get a better idea of what to do. I know guys that made a wedge to compensate for the angle. There's a company that specializes in transome brackets, I took there dimension and made a swim platform bracket out of aluminum, I can't remember as of now but I'll do a search for ya. Take a few pics for us from the side so we all can get ideas for ya!!

The name of the bracket company is Adventure Marine, they might be able to make one to your specs. Or help you out with your bracket.

Edited by pap

When the motor is down the motor is in the water about an inch and a half .... I'm going to have to move it from its current location no matter how much I don't want to it's just trying to find the right bracket with the right set back , the right angle to keep the motor perpendicular to the water and can hold the weight of a 9.9 four stroke

• 1 month later...