Trolling in the Genesee River

Closest thing I can come to trolling first time, for fish is in the Genesee, due to having a 17ft boat, from the new Marina launch all the way up to the island before the first Falls. Depth finder reads 20 - 25 fow. My caught 24 " northern and a 15" eye. Anyone have any ideas as to how we can go slower boats at its slowest speed , still seems to be too fast. Can anybody help with suggestions? Hoping for a calm day to try the lake when no chance of high waves. Any tips on doing that would be very welcomed. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I tied a 5 gallon Lowe's bucket to the rear handel and tossed it in really slowed down the 9.9 I had. If you can get it to center right behind the motor it works perfect

Tie a rope between your two rear cleats.  Replace metal handle with a very short rope.  Thread cleat rope thru new rope handle & it'll stay centered behind motor.

Make sure your cross rope is short enough so it can't get into the prop.Have a second rope tied to the bottom of the pail to pull it in with. Put the motor in neutral before you try to bring the pail in. Good luck.