My dad and I decided to take the next couple days and pre fish before the Sodus tourney. We went 0-4 2 fish were huge and fighting like no tomorrow. One came off then the other broke off. All spoon bite coppers were silent along with the dipsy rods. We managed 2 more hits on the riggers but once we reeled down no one was home. The lake was beautiful this afternoon but the fishing wasn't very good.

Anyone else fish out of Sodus and struggle today? We worked water from 100'-250'.

Sent from my thinking chair...

We had three good screamers this morning fom 7 until around 9... 150 fow... Rigger slider...and dipsies 170 and 200 back. Lost em all...YUCK! Then blanked from 9 until noon...yup...first skunk of the year!!! I hope it picks up for the proam...im not in it...but looks like the weather will at least be nice!

Sent from my SM-N920P using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Had an awesome day we couldn't keep the steel off the lines. Caught 4 steelies and 2 kings. Kings were skippys but the steelies were decent 22"-27" and 5lbs.-12lbs.

Nice going Chas. You know this thread kinda sums up the Lake O fishing....it is on and off and you just have to keep at it to be successful out there. Persistence pays off :)

Edited by Sk8man

Had an awesome day we couldn't keep the steel off the lines. Caught 4 steelies and 2 kings. Kings were skippys but the steelies were decent 22"-27" and 5lbs.-12lbs.

That's awesome Chas!! Keep at till the big day!! I'm pulling for ya buddy!! Best of luck to you and pop!! That's what makes it EXTRA GREAT!! I'd give anything for 1 day of fishing with dad, now he's my co' pilot, €£>< every tear makes me stronger''!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!