Dead gulls

Been seeing quite a few dead gulls and also noticed yesterday that there are quite a few kings floating around as well. We passed 4 that were all matures as well. Not sure if they are related but who knows.

Betting botulism and with the dry weather it may get worse. Usually DEC is cruising the beaches picking any dead birds up. I did  that along with other wildlife stuff when I was a seasonal tech for them.

South Carolina has a season on them, maybe we'll get one But what do you do with them once you shoot them? Don't think I would eat them.

I seem to remember an article way back about muscles filtering the bad stuff, Gobies eating zebras and bird eating gobies and getting sick.  Perfect example of bad things going up food chain.

post-139748-14688724232097_thumb.jpgyes it is type E botulism. Sea gulls get it (form of food poisoning) from eating gobies that are contaminated with the toxin and are dying .Also affected are ducks /loons /mergansers/ Commotants that eat these fish. The gulls you see floating in the lake end up not being able to fly or hold their head up and end up drowning.

Edited by RUNNIN REBEL