Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Overall not bad day. 9/16 with couple lakers in mid 20". Landlocks all short an a 9 1/2" brown that some how tripped the release 50' down over 350'. Spin doctor an Iron Duke flys took lakers. Pink/ orange honeybee took most landlocks with black an silver to follow. Releases in 30'-65' over 170-350 fow. Fish were out of temp with fish getting caught in 62*-66* water. Had 51* down 65'. Weed mats bad on east shore.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

post-149480-14686984746647_thumb.jpg

Great Report and Photo! Are you guys running FF combos off the riggers or off a dipsy? Curious if anyone has luck running them off the riggers and what sort of presentation you shoot for (Depth - distance from ball, distance from flasher to fly)

I still have not had any luck with FF presentations.

We tend to just run ff off dipseys but have in past run off riggers. Closer to ball more action.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Cover the water column if the fish are scattered throughout. .We run 4 dipsys 2 which are usually spoons in the upper water column and the other two deep usually around 80 and 100 those running flasher flies.. Also run one of my riggers deep to cover over 100 foot marks I'm marking on my Lowrance. . I like a 17" lead off my flasher to the fly.. Use all your gear to cover different depths and find out what they want than adjust from there.. Hope this helps any other questions feel free to pm me anytime

Mike

Sent from my SM-N910V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Edited by Iron Duke

Thanks Skatch and ID! Duke, I was on your website, some real nice trolling flys you have there! Ill be placing an order soon. 

I have tried to run a dipsy on a wire roller rod (size 1 and mag dipsy) and it seems to cause more trouble than its worth so far. Lost a HUGE brown/LLS at Cayuga last year when it jumped over the wireline at the back of the boat. Ill keep experimenting until success. 

Thanks Skatch and ID! Duke, I was on your website, some real nice trolling flys you have there! Ill be placing an order soon.

I have tried to run a dipsy on a wire roller rod (size 1 and mag dipsy) and it seems to cause more trouble than its worth so far. Lost a HUGE brown/LLS at Cayuga last year when it jumped over the wireline at the back of the boat. Ill keep experimenting until success.

It happens to the best of us trust me lol.. Big landlocks Browns and Rainbows will go where they want when they want so it's good to have a guy with ya that can help get rods and riggers out of the way when the fish nears the boat. . Good luck to ya and look forward to your reports

Mike

Sent from my SM-N910V using Lake Ontario United mobile app