Wanted WTB Starcraft Fishmaster 196

Howdy all,

Well, last year I sold my Starcraft Fishmaster 196 to Carpedium. It's a long story, but now I regret it, and have begun the search for a replacement. I'm checking on Craigslist and Boatrader and see a few, but haven't found 'the one' yet.

Something under $30 k, with a 4 cycle outboard. Would also consider a 21'er as well.

If you know of one, or a close replacement, that's not online, I'd love to,hear about it !

Thanks !

Rusty

Rabbit, are you playing me ? Where is that ? Thanks- Rusty

No it a new boat setup 2015 , you said above , uh oh that was 

hairybumcrack

anyway it is towne marine great prices service SUCKS  and dealing with the parts guys ( he sets up the service ) sorry about that...... I bought my fishmaster 210 off them it was a good deal but if you have some place else to take it for any thing that would be better,,,,

Thanks Salmon and Hairy,

I have three emails into the SF in Taunton, but no response.

It's only 15 miles from my house. I'm out of state until Mon, so I'm concerned it will be gone before I can get to it. Mine went in a matter of hours last year. 😳

• 2 weeks later...

Howdy all,

I thought Id post a little update on my quest for this elusive Starcraft Fishmaster 196.

A 2003 196 Fishmaster was posted on Syracuse CL on Thursday July 21. Turns out the owner of the boat lives about 10 miles from me. Unfortunately I was out of town when I first saw the posting.

I emailed the owner several times. He called me later that day saying I was the first one to contact him. He left me his phone number. Unfortunately, for some reason,my phone didn't register his calls or voice messages ( he called three more times) until Friday morning. I think I didn't get the calls because I was in Vermont, and the cell phone reception was terrible. By the time I was able to get a call through, the boat was sold.

On Sunday, I put a "wanted to buy" ad on CL. A short while later I received an email from a guy saying he had a Fishmaster he would sell. It turns out that it was the same boat from the Syracuse CL posting on Thursday, and the boat was now in Vermont. The new owner said his wife didn't like the boat.

Eventually I decided to buy the boat, because after searching a 1,000 mile radius around my house, it became apparent that there were no other ones that met my criteria to be had. I talked to the original owner from Syracuse, and everything seemed to be legitimate

The owner of the Vermont Fishmaster and I emailed each other several times, agreed on a price, and to meet at his residence on Saturday afternoon,  to make the transaction. I made arrangements to clear my schedule to make the 10 hr+ round trip, and got a bank check for the agreed amount, made out in the sellers name.

The day before I was supposed to drive to Vermont to purchase the boat, he emailed me, claiming that his "son in law" might be interested in the boat, and that he has a "family reunion" on Saturday so he could not meet me. He said he was going to "hold off" on selling the boat to me. Kind of poor business etiquette in my opiinion.

On Sunday morning I received a call from the gentleman who bought my Fishmaster last year. He told me he has been following my search for a new boat, and has been searching the internet for me. He also told me how much he is enjoying the boat he bought from me !  We had a nice chat, and  he genuinely offered to bring my old boat to a lake near me so we could fish together. I offered to buy the boat back from him at a premium, but he politely declined.

Anyway, I'm still looking for a 196 Fishmaster with a 4 stroke, no kicker. I've looked at the Superfisherman, but I think I'm just gonna wait it out . I've also surfed up a couple of new or nearly new ones, but haven't noticed any with a 4 stroke. I even surfed several Canadian Starcraft dealers.

Thanks to all who have sent links and info !

I'm sure it will happen eventually.

Rusty

Howdy all,

Thanks to this site, I now have a line on a 196 Fishmaster. The boat is in Canada. The boat and trailer are registered in Canada as well.

Im looking for input and advice on what the process is for buying it, and registering it in NY. The seller is going to bring it to NY, where the sale will,take place.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Rusty

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I would be contacting the dmv and asking 100% what is the process.

I stopped at one today. The clerk I talked to described the process as being almost identical as buying the boat in the US. She said I would need 'paperwork' from customs. I'll get that nailed down before the transaction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk