Good to hear good news out of The Oak! I'm just a googan but I dedicated my efforts to The Oak for the past 4 years. The first year was good but I don't think it's any secret The Oak hasn't been producing like other parts of the lake. The brownies seem to still frequent in The Oak area though. Going to fish this fall out of Fair Haven State Park (first time) Sept 10th for 5 nights. I want The Oak to get it's act together but Spring 2017 is slated for Olcott. 

Good to hear good news out of The Oak! I'm just a googan but I dedicated my efforts to The Oak for the past 4 years. The first year was good but I don't think it's any secret The Oak hasn't been producing like other parts of the lake. The brownies seem to still frequent in The Oak area though. Going to fish this fall out of Fair Haven State Park (first time) Sept 10th for 5 nights. I want The Oak to get it's act together but Spring 2017 is slated for Olcott. 

You can port at the Oak and still fish Olcott. It's not very far by boat and you have the best of both worlds. Actually, fishing (catching) was pretty good at the Oak this year from the reports I read. Not sure about the brown fishing though.

Fished the Oak for the first time 7/16. Was a bit bumpy but managed our limit with 3 teenagers, 1 mature, 1 steelhead and a coho. Spoons did the damage with ssw and 42nd being best. Took 3 fish on sliders. Released a bunch of shakers and a 24 inch atlantic. Had a blast.

I heard from a few guys that the brown trout bite has been really good but I think there are so many kings out there right now everyone is just going for them. I keep telling myself I'm going to go fish for Browns but cant resist the big king bite. post-155265-14690230071729_thumb.jpg

You can port at the Oak and still fish Olcott. It's not very far by boat and you have the best of both worlds. Actually, fishing (catching) was pretty good at the Oak this year from the reports I read. Not sure about the brown fishing though.

Yea, we went one day out of Lakeside Park and it's not a bad drive. Staying at Golden Hill Park should make it easy to fish The Oak or Olcott.