Fishing out of Ibay this year has been lousy.  There is no other way to say it.  The last couple weekends we have been fishing west.  Olcott and Sandy.  If you have been fishing around Rochester/Irondequoit, you would think there was a problem out there this year.  We are normally spoiled.  Hope they show up sometime this year.  Anyways...

Out of the Creek around 5:15.  Not far to go out on this side of the lake.  Started setting lines in 100fow.  Everything from riggers to dipsies set to 75-60 down.  Superbread Dreamweaver spoon took majority of fish on 75 rigger(46 degrees).  Cheaters NK Gold Cup, and FLT orange spoon(can't remember name) also took 1 steelhead each.  Blue Pro Troll on dipsy setting 3, back 195 took a shot.  Green Crush Spin Doctor w/Atommik fly got slammed and unfortunately a swivel opened up and was lost on Chinook Diver setting 1, 150 back.  Lost another on Gold Cup cheater.  Not huge numbers, but quality fish.  7lb King, 17lb King, 19lb King, 21lb King, and 2 Steel under 7lbs.  Ended 6 for 9 after heading in at 10:30. 

post-147840-0-91988700-1468792289_thumb.jpg

post-147840-0-45404800-1468792898_thumb.jpg

post-147840-0-46011300-1468792928_thumb.jpg

Edited by MadPerry

Totally agreed with you on the I-bay thing up to about 5 days ago. It just took them a little longer to get here this year. We ran out to Sandy last weekend as well for the same reasons. However this weekend has been a different story. I had to head to work today, but our boat went 14/20 with 4 matures and a few nice steelies mixed in, all just west of the Genny.

Sounds like Sandy was still well worth the trip tho. Great job and thanks for the report!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

If you have the luxury of trailering your boat you can go to where the fishing is most productive so therefore ive been launching at  sandy based on reports and we have done very well as of late, today was a nice bite on kings and steelys with a one and only laker 16#  but I bet Rochester and ibay will get its fair due

Sandy is no hotter than the river.  There are just more reports. I have been getting Rochester reports daily and they are the same as Sandy.  It is cranking at the Oak too. 

Sandy is the best little port on the south side of the lake.

That's for sure Billy.  People have no idea how good it is..  What other port has the diverse fishery that Sandy has right out front?  We also have some of the best structure on the lake within a couple miles each way out of port. 

Only thing that makes me crazy. Well two things. People that park in the turning loop. I need every inch of turn at the launch with my boat and it makes me crazy when guys are setting up, un strapping, and park to fish down there. Second is the people fishing of the dock. Some are courteous and most think your in their way when you come in to the dock....... When the salmon run I stop using Sandy and go the river or Eagle Creek Marina which is located perfect between the Oak and Sandy.

Sent from my XT1254 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Only thing that makes me crazy. Well two things. People that park in the turning loop. I need every inch of turn at the launch with my boat and it makes me crazy when guys are setting up, un strapping, and park to fish down there. Second is the people fishing of the dock. Some are courteous and most think your in their way when you come in to the dock....... When the salmon run I stop using Sandy and go the river or Eagle Creek Marina which is located perfect between the Oak and Sandy.

x2

Sent from my E6782 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

The amount you fish out of Sandy Jeremy,  you should slip your boat. 

I know, Matt Bertola who I fish with use to slip his boat and it was slick. Last two years I've gone through insane boat issues. Rebuilt engine, fish twice, re wire boat, fish twice, then blow outdrive lol. Maybe next year now that she is running smooth. Two years ago Sandy Creek Shootout Blew engine. Last yr Sandy Creek Shootout my boat was down so we took matts. His died at launch so we literally drove home and rigged the 14 foot aluminum to fish. This yr if I have trouble I'm taking up golf LOL.