Fish hawk/sonar problems

tpklam

I found last year that when I was in 250' + that I would lose my sonar.

I have a lowrance elite 7

I have a fish hawk x4d

Both ducers are in the same side of the boat but during the times I would lose sonar I tried turning off fish hawk and still no sonar.

As soon as I would go shallower everything worked fine. And the fish hawk really never malfunctioned during these times.

My fish finder has 83/200 and would not work properly on either frequency.

Anyone have thoughts as to what could be causing this? My updates on the lowrance are up to date. Works flawlessly besides this.

Edited by tpklam

the angle of your transducer is off.. are you sure it's pointing straight down when the boats in the water? try moving it and see if it helps..

when you installed the transducer you didn't drop it on a hard floor ? this can damage it...could be bad.. if the angle doesn't help borrow another

transducer and just hang it over the side and see if it works.. new isn't always good ya know !

Good luck getting any support from Lowrance!

Edited by Art Benham

Couple of thoughts. I am in a learning curve with a hook 7x. Check your range in the menu if it's not set to auto you may not track bottom. If u have fishing mode make sure it's not set to shallow water. Try going into menu and set to default which erases any settings u made takes it back to factory settings. Hope this helps

Couple of thoughts. I am in a learning curve with a hook 7x. Check your range in the menu if it's not set to auto you may not track bottom. If u have fishing mode make sure it's not set to shallow water. Try going into menu and set to default which erases any settings u made takes it back to factory settings. Hope this helps

Good thought !

This is spot on!! I was ****ing up a storm, called lowrance and got all the updates, even got all this for free even though I was past the 1 year mark and also with navionics I got the updates, then finally a computer geek went to our local lake and messed with it and came to the conclusion to go with the default mode and it works flawlessly ever since. I was told keep my meat hooks off all the buttons except the power button, and the screen dividers!! LOL

My hunch is that there is a bug in the last update as mine loses bottom sometimes and the only way I can correct it is to go into the depth setting and change it from "auto" to say 200 ft or something let it acquire bottom and then change it back to "auto" and it then works OK. Never had the problem before the most recent update. Setting it back to the factory defaults helps for awhile but the problem returned on mine..

Edited by Sk8man