Otisco Lake full moon walleye

I've been waiting 11 months for a summer full moon in anticipation of possible epic fishing like last July and August. I had Walt, the man responsible taking me for all of the hunting and fishing I did as a kid that wasn't on our farm, and his son Joe aboard to fish with my fingers crossed. We started at last light with a big off shore spread and got lucky with my chute rigger offering and it was THE pattern. By half way into the night we were running just 3 rods on riggers all set identical and went 6-9 with a few others that were gone before we could come tight. Doesn't sound too great except every fish was 6lbs or better on light gear (8lb) with short setbacks off riggers...CANT WAIT TILL NEXT MONTH! Not that we won't catch till then but the summer full moon bite is awesome if you can find a pattern!

post-151276-14690062642672_thumb.jpg

Monday night I went 0-2 after I wasted 3hrs trolling the spread that was lights out last summer. I learned just enough to have a place to start last night. The day moon underfoot bite wasn't too bad either today...1-2 on eyes and 1-3 on tigers 2 of them were 40ish and had several white perch, rock bass, and smb. I fished more water than I've ever as the weeds were ZERO. Lake was not nice all day to say the least, but flat all night! On a side note I was the only trolling boat all day and the ONLY boat both nights....

That's still a good night Justin, all fish weighing 6# or better is nothing to sneeze at, thinking that a 3 or 4 man limit might happen is setting a very high goal for any lake, not saying that's was goal, a mighty nice board of fillets is a good night on any body of water! Congrats to all!!!

The lake isn't fishing as well for walleye as the last time you came. They have just been very tough to pattern for consistent catching. Tigers on the other hand have never been better!

Thanks guys...I'll take the results for sure pap! Not often you get an all big fish pattern...it's not Ontario or Erie 6-9 pounders are fantastic fish here! There are walleye all over the lake but finding the better fish and getting them to go...priceless! Lol