Evening Bite Keys to Success

Based on my work schedule I'm a weekend warrior but my addiction to this sport gives me fits throughout the work week! I've made several attempts at the evening bite unsuccessfully. Ends up feeling like I'm just burning fuel and dragging lines around. I see marks, not as many as the morning, but can't get any hits. Any advice on evening bite techniques would be great!

Not much different from fishing in the morning? maybe try setting your gear a bit deeper to start at the beginning of the evening. I fished last night had 12 bites boated 9 and was in same spot as morning. For me sometimes the evening is better than morning.

• 2 weeks later...

Finished 2-2 Wednesday night with 2 steelheads and 3-3 Friday with 2 nice lake trout and an 18lb King. Fished 90-130 FOW. Took three of the 5 on the Moonshine Carbon 14! Thanks John Kelly! Plus got some great sunsets!post-141985-14699094724717_thumb.jpgpost-141985-1469909485319_thumb.jpgpost-141985-14699094969052_thumb.jpg

Right, sometimes that sunset bite is hard to beat.  Had several triples and double right as the sun goes down!! Glad those spoons worked for you!  Just passing on some winning information that was once passed on to me, several years ago, by Captain Carl Bish.   :yes:  :yes:

I got turned on to a moonshine blue jeans spoon this year and it's been out producing the carbon 14 for me.

Yeah Moonshine spoons just plain work, no matter the model, I think! Some work better shallower, and some work better deeper, and in different light levels.  Carbon 14 is my go to dark water and deep water spoon.   :yes:  :yes: