Cannon mag 10 help

InSanEddie

I have an older mag 10. The problem I am having is that it retrieves very slow and often have to help the spool along by hand to raise ball. I think maybe the motor is going. I had a similar issue with another one of my mag 10 and swapped motor from another and worked fine. Looking for any help or suggestions since a new motor pricey. Oh yea I am using 16lb torpedo weights and heard the older cannons don't like the heavier loads.

I think the 16 lb weight may be the origin of your problem. Those older models were rated for a maximum of 10 lbs so my hunch is that it has placed a continuous strain on the motor and it may i fact be failing but also you may want to try out a 10 lb weight on it and see if it is merely the 16 lbs itself that is the problem. They are slow regardless of weight :) though.

Just had the same problem with one of my older Mag 10's never used heavier  than a 10lb ball, thought for sure it was the motor going bad, sent it to screwey louies  turns out the wiring was bad they put on a new power cord now it works great.

16# on rigger rated for 10# think you answered your own question......

10/4 on the 16#ers on the old mule. Now she ain't what she used to be!!

Edited by pap