Starcraft Fishmaster owners

ERABBIT

It would definatly help out with people like me or the older guys, where tall steps are a pain in the a$$. The step into my cuddy is like 10"s and that's a bear for me to navigate. Even if it just acts like a storage compartment it would be nice. It adds pizzazz if nothing else.

I don't have a big problem with the step down but Carol is not crazy about it and with the more storage area it would be a WIN WIN for us both!!!!! If she reads this I'll have to get one with just steps....... :lol:

I just called Snakecreek that just north of Montrose , he looked in the parts book and it was not in it BUT ...... said he was going to a Starcraft show and would ask them !!!!!! He did say he could make something up like it but needed my boat to do it..... well that's not going to happen till mid October ..... hope he can get some info at the show.....

That looks like a good idea  My trouble is stepping from my dock down into the boat.  The fishmaster is so much deeper than my last boat.  I have to step from the dock down onto the storage shelf in the boat, then onto a small st ool, then onto the floor.  Not the best or safest method, but haven't been able to find anything else.  Any suggestions appreciated!

Ed, the step idea is a good one. Extra storage is always a plus, but safety is a must. Carol would love the step. Is starcraft possibly making that storage box/step as a retro fit for existing owners? The one that J.D. made looks awesome and serves dual purpose.

Ed, the step idea is a good one. Extra storage is always a plus, but safety is a must. Carol would love the step. Is starcraft possibly making that storage box/step as a retro fit for existing owners? The one that J.D. made looks awesome and serves dual purpose.

Brother Stan use to bowl with the owner of Snake Creek Marine and I bought two Mec motors off them over the years. So I'll wait and see what he finds out at the boat show. J.D. looks great and would get the job down for sure,,,, I'll have something in there for her even if it just a step.

Erabbit, I just got and e-mail that you quoted my post.... I ran out to the garage and took a few good pictures to upload. My box is 5/8 exterior plywood covered in marine carpet. It doesn't have a bottom, just a 4" strip of ply across the center, side to side, and a cutout along the bottom on the front. This keeps the plano boxes off the floor and allows for air flow. The top overhangs the front about 3/4" so I can open it without a handle or ring pull.

Jim.S

post-139500-0-62977700-1469142507_thumb.jpg

post-139500-0-22776100-1469142549_thumb.jpg

post-139500-0-91937900-1469142592_thumb.jpg

Hehehe, have limited funds to work with😉. Also have to pull hoist out in fall. Don't have pics, not sure I'd know how to post them here anyway.😭

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Hehehe, have limited funds to work with. Also have to pull hoist out in fall. Don't have pics, not sure I'd know how to post them here anyway.

Ok do you have a walkway down the side ? I made a gang plank from my walkway to the bow , rope hanging from lift for support worked OK for me and somewhat for Carol , King didn't like it one bit.

I have a board spanning between hoist legs. Didn't think about hanging a rope,good idea. Also have a 72lb. Senior canine that loves to boat, but not so easy mounting and dismounting. Somehow manage to get it done.

Yeah, I may end up doing that. Been thinking about your method of entering from front. Hoist controls are towards lake, have been entering from back. Maybe removable planks so Tasha and Mrs. can get in the front. Will keep experimenting.😃

Yeah, I may end up doing that. Been thinking about your method of entering from front. Hoist controls are towards lake, have been entering from back. Maybe removable planks so Tasha and Mrs. can get in the front. Will keep experimenting.

Bob is going to install a pull rope/string deal I can raise a lower boat in boat easily.... mine are are also toward the lake but I can reach them from the boat , the string deal will make it that much more accessible from the boat.. 

That looks like a good idea My trouble is stepping from my dock down into the boat. The fishmaster is so much deeper than my last boat. I have to step from the dock down onto the storage shelf in the boat, then onto a small st ool, then onto the floor. Not the best or safest method, but haven't been able to find anything else. Any suggestions appreciated!

My suggestion would be - Sell the boat to me !

[emoji1]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Erabbit, I just got and e-mail that you quoted my post.... I ran out to the garage and took a few good pictures to upload. My box is 5/8 exterior plywood covered in marine carpet. It doesn't have a bottom, just a 4" strip of ply across the center, side to side, and a cutout along the bottom on the front. This keeps the plano boxes off the floor and allows for air flow. The top overhangs the front about 3/4" so I can open it without a handle or ring pull.

Jim.S

attachicon.gifIMG_0516.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_0517.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_0518.JPG

That