Chautauqua Lake Charter service recommendations?

Any suggestions? I might be taking a trip down there with my buddies in two weeks here and haven't been down there in a couple years now. Thanks in advance for any recommendations you might have!

Cheers,

Chad

Chad, if it is walleyes you are after you can find them on the north part of the lake. Fish the side the waves are hitting (usually the east side)...the wavier the better. Find the hard weed line and anchor with the transom just off the edge, usually 12-17' deep. Fishing gets good around dusk til 11:00 pm. Using a light action spinning rod is a must to detect the light bites. Jig the bait like you are ice fishing. I like a white or glow jig head tipped with a worm. During the day you could scratch a few out in the deep middle of the lake near the two 50' holes while trolling and deep bottom bouncing. You will mark some bait pods out there. Hope this helps.

Thank you Yankee and Gill for the helpful advice! We will be staying on the south end of the lake but hopefully can make it up to the north part for some of the trip. Thanks again! :D

• 3 weeks later...

This is a great question! I am actually heading there myself this weekend, and would love to know of any good charters. I would especially love a charter for some of the famous Musky in the lake!

The other thing I will be looking for while I am on Chautauqua Lake is to rent a fishing boat for about 4 days. Any recommendations/suggestions would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks,

--Joe