Cayuga 7/22

Took a trip out to try my luck jigging for lake trout. 60-80 fow. Only second attempt at this method. Dropped jig down and bam 25" landlock. Lost three other fish and missed 3. Also saw another salmon chase my jig to boat. Think I need to put an order in for sharper jig hooks. Not happy with the ones I have but all I could find last minute in the 1 ounce size.post-145699-14692324387502_thumb.jpg

Not just sharper hooks but stiffer rod and braided line for no stretch.  Ya gotta act almost instinctively on a hit, and you need  to delay that on the  bumpies.  I don't think you are ever going to get to the 50% point of hookups vs hits.  You have to keep alert.  Sometimes it feels like they just hit the lure with their tail, you have to play into that and tease them into mouthing the lure......jk    

Nice fish. Lol. that jig link sends me to the same site I found this week. As soon as glow green is available in 1 1/4 in need a doz. Gotta get in on this jiging. We went north of long point picked up one nice 26" laker trolling bottom bounce rigs. Several 15" - 20" Lakers. Two heavy fish got off. Hope they weren't that 35"er im dreaming about!