Found Lake Ontario Muskie

Kinda rare for any Muskies to be this far east (Fair Haven). Doesnt happen too often except Niagara region. The middle section of the lake is pretty much void of Muskies. Anyone else heard of any from Oak Orchard to Fairhaven stretch ? Too bad this one was kept obviously on the dock, bet it was 20-25 yrs old.

I saw the pics of where it was hooked.... very deep and the line was chaffed .... I talked with one of the guys on the boat who I know. Next to jumping in the water with the fish and giving her mouth to mouth these guys did what they could. Remember guys, they were salmon fishing.... no stiff rods, braided line , or twin tens o to help landing fish faster. It was a Stingray down the fish's throat on regular Salmon gear...

Yea it sucks that this big girl won't be around, but this catch is a fish of a lifetime.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I must add that I musky fish on occasion.... I have a great deal of respect for these critters. As a rule, muskie fishermen use bigger baits.... twin ten inline spinner baits, big tubes like Red October's, or pounder Bulldogs. Big baits that would be difficult for a Ski to swallow. From the pics I saw, it looked like she came up behind it and inhaled it. Not surprising. From the hook position, I would almost guarantee a similar result even if you used a cradle.

Congrats to the anglers and I'm glad that a proper tribute mount (s)will be paid to such a majestic predator.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

From the moment it came over the back of the boat, I knew she was hurt bad, there was nothing we could do. 40 down in ice cold water, over 100 ft. Fish of a lifetime for sure, pictures don't do it justice nor where the hook was, remember this was salmon tackle, that hooked was deep in the mouth and hooked into a gill and throat. It is a fish of a lifetime. The legacy will live on...

Sent from my SM-G900V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• 2 weeks later...