Water fleas

This is my first year trolling lake o and love it until as of last weekend I've been picking up water fleas on my lines . today was a sh!t show out on the lake they were clumping up really fast .. does this happen for the rest of the summer ? Or does it take a change of wind and tide to get them out of certain areas of the lake ? Are they only tormenting us right now cuz it's hot as he'll out ?

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Braid is a magnet for them. Use a heavy mono or copoly for riggers.  Wire on the dipsies.  Rather than picking them off: reel in a bit, lower rod tip below surface then whip it upward.  reel in a little then repeat.  Most times tension against the surface will cut them off.  You can also slam your rod tip against the surface but you might break the rod so be careful doing that.

Tom B.

(LongLine)

Wire dipsies, and, either 30# seaflee line or 40# mono on your riggers will fix most of your flea problems.When they are thick,they will still collect (even on wire).Check your lines often.I use the seaflee and have been very happy with its performance.

I went out today changed to bigger line 30 lb mono on riggers 40 lb braid on dipsys and still got flea but not even close to as bad just get hung up on the knot before the swivels on the drs and a bit before dipsys swivel smacking rod rod on water does work well also I tried the plastic butter knife and that worked good too thanks everyone

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Lake Ontario United mobile app