Terminal Tackle Question

Looking to head out for my first time ever this coming weekend, so I have a few rigging/terminal tackle questions. First my flashers all came with snap swivels (one side a ball bearing swivel, the other side a regular swivel). My question is how do I attach these to my main line or leader (whatever the case may be). Seems like a lot of terminal tackle to use a snap swivel on my main line to attach to a snap swivel on the flasher. Same question on the fly/spoon end, should I just tie them to directly to the snap swivel on the flasher? Seems like that would really slow down on lure changes? Also I would definitely use a snap swivel to attach to the spoon right? I'm obviously new to this and could possibly be over thinking it, but if I'm going to do it might as well ask and do it right the first time.

Edited by FishingFool34

Your fly  leader should have a loop at the end which you attach to the swivel at the rear of the flasher.  If using a spoon you'll probably want to use a flourocarbon leader with a #8 SPRO swivel between it and the main line  rather than the ball bearing swivel which would go at the very end connecting to your spoon..If a spoon is connected to your flasher I usually use a small barrel swivel at one end of a fluoro leader and attach that to the back swivel of the flasher and have a ball bearing swivel on the lure end. You need the swivels that come with the flasher to prevent line twists.

Edited by Sk8man

Personally I take those nice ball bearing snaps that come with the flasher and attach one to my mainline on every rod then if I change flashers I just undo / remove the one on my flasher and attach the one from main line in its place

I use a ball bearing swivel at the end of my main line. A leader will be necessary at the back end of the flasher when running a spoon and attach the spoon with a ball bearing swivel at the spoon end of that (fluoro) leader. When running a flasher from a downrigger I attach the flasher directly to my terminal ball bearing swivel on the downrigger line but if running it from wire I usually have a 30 or 40 lb test leader (Big Game mono) about 3 or 4 ft long in front of the flasher so that the action of it is right. I use a heavy duty barrel swivel at that leader end attached to the ball bearing swivel of the main wire line.

Edited by Sk8man

Use a double surgeons knot to make a loop on the fly leader. Just put the loop through the flasher swivel and pass the fly through it and pull tight.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk