Friend from Alabama came up to fish with me today. After a tough bite at the Shootout and forecast of stiff East wind I had 15 disclaimers on how the afternoon troll might be. Inside water is freezing cold so we motored out before setting gear. Within ten min we hooked up with a major and 21 lb came in the boat. We fished 4-8pm and had an awesome steady pick. 4 over 20lbs (23 biggest), three 15-18lbs, handful skippys, one steelhead. 240-260fow was most the action. We did catch in 200fow but the weeds were Un bearable.Riggers 40-75 and divers out 150-175. Spoons on divers and riggers. Tried FF and meat with no hits. Gold 42 second, Glow Frog, Carbon 14 were the studs. Overall we went 11/16 with alot fish coming unbuttoned. Lake was solid 3 and 4 footers which was annoying but we literally had the place to ourselves. Thanx again to the Staff of the Shootout and Big Fish Friday for putting on the Event .

Sent from my XT1254 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Wow awesome evening, way to make the best out of not the best conditions!! Rough ride out & in probable a rocking and rolling out there?, thanks for the post and the great pic. Congrats to you and your company. PAP

Nice evening of fishing in tough conditions.  The fish saw a lot of lures out there this weekend and getting them to hit got a lot harder as time went by, seems like you found a nice program to run.

Thanks for the report - hoping to get back out WED and TR. Got out for two hours MON eve and definitely super cold water in close, caught one nice King. Plan is to head out 250-500 FOW once the wind lays down little. White paddles and mirage flies (Pro-am, mirage, crinkle mirage, purple mirage) working for us. Tight lines. Thanks again for the informative report.