Escape Sandy Creek Shootout and prefish days

Thursday- We left the creek early and fished from the Nose to Braddocks Point. We worked from 70-275 and Found matures, smaller kings along with lakers and steelhead. At the end of the day, we ended up with 6 mature kings. All of our fish came on spoons. Not one hit on a flasher/fly or meat.

Friday- We left the creek and fished from the pump house West past the nose. We found good numbers of kings in the 140-160 range down 65-110. Mostly spoons again but a couple shots on flasher/fly set ups. We ended the day with a decent four fish box.

Saturday- We left the creek just behind the pack heading west. We set down off of Troutburg in 140' and trolled West until the wind started to blow. We had a great first couple of hours with kings, steelhead, lakers and a brown.  Spoons, Flasher/flies and meat all took fish on tournament day. The bite slowed but we picked away at the fish. I was not too sure our box consisting of a 23lb king, two twin 19lb kings and a 13.44lb steelhead was enough to place. We ended up placing in the money for the fifth time in seven years. We took 9th place and big steelhead in the tournament. The steelhead was 37" and very skinny. It is a shame that it was not filled out! That fish also put us in 6th place in the LOC steelhead division. 63150837e00817a1160563f4ecb154d6.jpgca50301723dba227c0c41a59833d90c1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Edited by GAMBLER

Guys you look so much happier holding kings and steel. :rofl:

I hear ya John. It has been nice to king fish like crazy this year. We have barely fished lakers at all! The last three seasons, we beat up the lakers bad. We boated over 1200 lakers. This season, we are just over 120. We have caught more kings this season than we did the last two seasons combined!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United