dipsey rod holder

Pa223

Well the good news is that we had some vicious Dipsy hits this weekend.  The bad news of course is that the rod holder wasn't up to the challenge.   I was looking at the Big Jon Ratcheting holder . Anyone run them or have other thoughts for a dipsy rod holder?

Thanks!

Well the good news is that we had some vicious Dipsy hits this weekend. The bad news of course is that the rod holder wasn't up to the challenge. I was looking at the Big Jon Ratcheting holder . Anyone run them or have other thoughts for a dipsy rod holder?

Thanks!

You should have your drag set so it slowly creeps out line that'll help eliminate some of the shock

Big John is a good choice. I run them.  dont let your rod holder dictate how you set your drags.  no snubber, and keep it as tight as possible without locking it down. you will have a much better landing percentage due to better hook sets. let em pound on it then loosen it up as needed. 

Big John is a good choice. I run them. dont let your rod holder dictate how you set your drags. no snubber, and keep it as tight as possible without locking it down. you will have a much better landing percentage due to better hook sets. let em pound on it then loosen it up as needed.

This right here