I have never fished for salmon before

Looking for info on leader lengths

I will be running downriggers and dipsys also have a 400 cooper

Will be running spoons and flasher flies

What pound test should I be using with these setups

Also the lengths

Thanks

Jim

All mono rods should have heavier line (30#) or some sort of sea flea resistant qualities...blood run makes some.

Spoons....I use30# big game and I splice in a rod length of 15# Seaguar Blue label flour.

Paddles....I use straight 30#.

Divers I use a rod length of 20 # flour from the diver to the spoon. If I run a paddle off the diver, same length but I use 30#.

Copper....I tend to just use 30# on that too... leader lengths I use are around 50ft. A little extra incase there's a fray.....hope this helps.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I'm just saying if you have never fished salmon before or on lake o before. I wouldn't bother at the copper right now. Hone in your Downriggers and dipsey setups. You will have to much going on.

All his own though.

All mono rods should have heavier line (30#) or some sort of sea flea resistant qualities...blood run makes some.

Spoons....I use30# big game and I splice in a rod length of 15# Seaguar Blue label flour.

Paddles....I use straight 30#.

Divers I use a rod length of 20 # flour from the diver to the spoon. If I run a paddle off the diver, same length but I use 30#.

Copper....I tend to just use 30# on that too... leader lengths I use are around 50ft. A little extra incase there's a fray.....hope this helps.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Agree with all of the above.    

If you are just starting, highly recommend a few things to speed the learning curve

1-  Take a charter if you can-  These guys are the best.  they will teach you.  There are guys on this site that do this each year and really go over anything you want to cover while fishing.  Probably the quickest way you can get going

2- Tons of information on this site.  When I started I read every post.  It takes a while, but it is amazing how great the members of this site are in sharing their experience with guys that are new.

3- Read some of Dan Keating's books ( Keating on  Kings etc) he has videos as well.  Lots of good info

4-  LOTSA fishing expo-  It's in January and you will enjoy and learn from the conferences, and you can even pay to attend salmon school.

5- Fish as much as you can and keep a log.  Speed, temps ( if you have them) direction of troll , line, lures, depth, date, times etc   You will be amazed at the patterns you develop yourself.

Good luck and tight lines