boy i gotta agree with the following around stuff we were running our way point for the third time when this boat comes from behind us overtaking us on our starbord side then slid right over to within 150 ft as we were lined up with fixed cottage on shore then the guy gets a little nasty tells us to get a new compass and turns away .he was the "overtaking vessel" " giveway vessel" and then gets a riled up for us staying our course . but i wont mention any names cause im shure he has caused enuf embarrasment for himself and his clients .

I made this statement a while ago and believe it would go a long way in helping the situation.If you are running that much line I think you need to run a flag or maybe several,1 for each 200' of line out.We all run flags when we have our boards out.And that's just when we are running,at most,100' from our boat I have a hard time assuming EVERYONE is running that kind distance behind them and adjusting for it.I've got a lot of lines in the water too.Way too many to be doing a tight slalom run. I don't mind adjusting for people with copper but too many times I find out when I'm really close and the people are waving there arms and yelling at me.If you are the one running it I believe it is your responsibilty to let everyone know before it becomes an issue.Plus I've noticed SOME(not most) people running it don't have a clue what 600' is.I've had people yelling to me(over the radio)that I am cutting across their copper that they have out 300' when I am over 1000' behind them.

speaking of auto pilot... for fishing boats these days you can get auto pilot, GPS, mapping, sonar, downriggers that raise and lower 10feet automatically, downriggers that are run through the sonar unit and downriggers that bottom track. am i forgetting anything? someone needs to invent a fishing reel that senses a strike and starts automatically reeling in. then we could program our day in the boats electronics, sit at the bar drinking and send the boat out fishing. we could even hook the VHF into the cooler so the boat could periodically call us with updates on the days take.

sorry to change the subject there, but i think we all get it. if you have a small boat, be considerate of others. if you have a larger boat, be considerate of others AND as a show of good faith, yeild to the smaller boat once in a while.

I try to move over a little bit for all boats coming by, in hopes that they will, as well move a little bit. If everyone did this, as well as wait till you are at least 1,000' past the boat going by it would all work. This happens at other ports, but not at Oswego or during the fall derby combat fishing in Mexico Bay.

StormFront .. Great point ... and just think we need all of that’s tuff to go after a fish that has brain the size of pea :? . If you ever added the cost – we all could go out and buy beluga caviar cheaper then what those fish are costing us by the ounce – or at least that’s what my wife keeps telling me!!

OK, LET ME SAY FOR THE RECORD THAT YES EVERYONE HAS EQUAL RIGHTS OUT THERE AND NO ONE SHOULD TRY TO PUSH ANYONE!!!

I DONT RUN AUTOPILOT AND I RUN A MATE! I AM VERY CONSIDERAT OF OTHERS AND ALWAYS GIVE ROOM WHEN ABLE TO!

THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE BETWEEN SOMEONE RUNNIN COPPER AND SOMEONE THAT ISINT!

IF YOU HIT A FISH WHILE SOMEONE IS CUTTING BEHIND YOU AT 400 FEET AND IT RUNS GUESS WHAT**** BYE BYE!!!!

ILL BE DAMNED IF SOMEONE IS GOING TO CUT BEHIND ME AND NOT GET WAVED OFF AND HOLLERED AT!

ITS COMMON COURTESY TO GIVE EVERYONE PLENTY OF ROOM AND NEVER CUT BEHIND ANOTHER BOAT UNLESS FORCED TO!!!!

SO STOP FOLLOWING ME AROUND BECAUSE IM BIG AND FIND YOUR OWN FISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Everyone antd the right of way. Has anyone really thought about the rules of the road. I know (as I am one) that the lincensed captians are supposed to know them and would hope that all boaters at have a working knowledge of them. That said with the captians being responasble for their passengers and vessel THEY should be yealding regardless of who,s right if their vessel is in danger.------- Come on.. Play nice.

I have stopped going to Mexico. I haven't been there in years. They are the worst group of charters I have ever seen. They will not hesitate to cut you off and it's no accident. I had a charter cut me off the last time I was there and he litterally waved as he was taking my gear. If my partner would have had a gun that boat would've been full of holes. Thank god he didn't. I'll stick to Sandy, braddocks and the genny thank you! Everyone whether they are charters or Recs are very accommodating and considerate. Hats off to the guys that fish Orleans and monroe counties.

I started fishing out of Mexico this season and haven't noticed any rumbling. Maybe it was a one-time occurance or in the past. Most Mexico Bay fishermen have nothing but good things to say about the Mexico charters; I've heard NO complaints. I also find the charters to be much more willing to share information than those out of Oswego. I am just one data point though.

Now, the things I've heard about those Henderson Harbor boats.....

Only kidding!

ok, just checking,(spammers)your not... yes it is a stupid problem.....human nature...rules of the road comes down to knowing them, and having the sense and courtesy to use them no matter where you are...I drive cross country for a living, the nations highways are no exception....if it's got a steering wheel it's bound to have a certain level of ignorance attached to it....and that is affected by regions,...being that you indicate NJ as an example, you probably know how to exercise a lot of tollerance for regional afflictions.

ok....tollerate, definition of ignoring the ignorant and have a nice day....unless they cost you tackle , and harm then...call your lawyer and or insurance broker..you know...feed the pig.

now go fishing and lets hear your reports..good luck ;)

Mark