Traveled on the 220 fow line fished from 50 yo 80 down lots of green and had 11 hit with 5 in the box. Had a huge male King on and he skyrocketed up leaping.. Very nice.. But when me buddy "helped" me net him he grabbed the rod and the line as it flipped out from being too big for the net. Then I had to watch it swim away with my fly and spin doctor in tow...[emoji15]

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario Unitedb35ab18ef0f964d2a58b810872e96049_thumb.j826961220ca482e10ad3826f084b7abc_thumb.j2219cba3500a0bd84532bc706a29bd96_thumb.j

Edited by amalgamator

The western ends never ending salmon supply will finally be reset by a northeast blow near the end of this week. August will be a different story than June and July. Going to be a disappointing weekend from the niagara to the oak. Get out tomorrow if you can....

60F surface temp today. down almost 15degrees from last week. i had one probe at 30ft, another at 75. 43F througout the column.  finally found a surface break in 360fow and moved rods there but with the blow today and tmrw it will get worse for sure and push em off shore

Kings were off the bite with the rolled lake, fished 425 fow off Olcott this morning, trolled home to Wilson in the late morning into the fog bank. 4-5 little kings and a steelie. Surface temps out deep were 60, 45-50 inshore.

Edited by ReelPower

I read shorelunch's post last Thursday and was in denial that he could be right. At that point, I was still planning to drive to Olcott Friday morning from Ohio. I got up at 6 am on Friday and iWindSurf was showing 25 knots sustained winds. Went back to bed and cancelled the trip. He called it before it happened.

I Was at point Breeze last Thursday through Saturday afternoon.

Thursday was great weather and fishing, the Friday morning wind started the process of flipping the lake, we still caught nice kings in tight, up high, Friday late afternoon, the wind on Saturday finished the job of really messing up the lake.

100-175'

Thursday surface 74.6, 43 down 90'

Friday afternoon - surface 73.5, 44.5 down 40'

We caught our fish Friday evening on 40 riggers with long leads. Our largest was 26.8 lbs

We did not get to fish Saturday due to the wind and headed back to Ohio

Fished off the Bar this morning 300 fow to the drop running the border. 4 small kings, slob steelie and two lakers. Ran offshore lost a mid twenty king behind the boat. One other small king out deep (395). Lake was settling down nicely temp-wise. 65-72 surface 44 down 50 offshore. Big king took a black/silver/glow nk 45 down. Almost everything else was spinny and fly.

Not even close. 5-15 East and Northeast for 2-3 days does not constitute a reset.

My apologies to shorelunch.  He nailed it right on the head.  That lake was and still is as snotty as it has been for months.  Hope it sets back up to some "degree" very soon.

Edited by bigted

285-305 fow off Olcott this evening put out a 19.5 lb. King, a 6 lb. King, a laker and a couple shaker. Sushi fly green crinkle live series A-Tom-Mic out 230 on the major. Fished into dark Kings were surfacing but not feeding. Kings are hanging 200-150 and feeding up high occasionally.