Early Season Browns

In clearer water I like to run blk/silver, blk/gold, perch, blue/silver raps size 7 & 9 off the boards up to 200' back and blk/silver R&R's on the rigs. Cloudy water- orange/gold, firetiger, chart/silver raps sizes 9 & 11 off the boards and chameleon, sunrise, and chart/orange dot R&R's on the rigs.

But besides lure selection, I think one of the most important aspects to spring brown fishing is locating warm water pockets and concentrating your efforts there.

once u find the silt line , do you want to keep all lures in the dirty water or do you want to keep one in the clean , one in the dirty ? Is the dirty water generally warmer than the clean ? This will be my first season trolling for trout & salmon in the spring . I cant wait

We tend to run in and out of the silt line with the lures. If the water is really cloudy we run larger J-11 rapalas, that tends to get their attention even if the fish can't see very far in the cloudy water. Sometime the fish hit the ' clear water ' lures, other times only the ' cloudy water 'lures catch fish.

The creek water is usually warmer than the lake in the spring, we try to stay fairly close to the mouths of creeks, unless we find warm water nearby.

Thanks guys. Last spring most of my days out were running gin clear & cold water & rough going, fish wise!

Ray - yeah I brush up on their "Springtime Brown Tactics" every year :$ :!: You're good to go in Fall Creek until you get close to CU, if you shoot the rapids underneath a big stone bridge into a big 'ol pond (aka Beebe Lake) you won't make the next set of rapids .... there about 150' straight down.

DAN