Who has right of way ?

A working tugboat pulling two barges and a 3rd barge w/huge dredger on it. Heading directly in the middle of a large 20 sailboat race.post-139748-14696625719774_thumb.jpgpost-139748-14696626512359_thumb.jpg

Edited by RUNNIN REBEL

Ha ha I was right there Jerry! I was wondering the same thing. I was heading east in 80 off the creek when the race started. Sailboats were worse than the flys. Tug and barge were 120 ish but it had to be interesting.

a working tug boat is considered a vehicle that is restricted in its ability to maneuver, therefore the sailboats would have to give way.  Rule 17 in the Nav rules.

Sick and Funny crowd on LOU.................

Result: The Tug fleet seemed to have slowed up long enuff for the race to finish early/scatter with looming dark clouds to the west.

Jerry

RUNNIN REBEL

friggin' blowboats.

I had one keelhaul my meat rig once on Seneca by the salt point. 5 suttons and tackle, gone.

we tried, as best we could, to get out of his way but the way he was coming at us he absoulutely could not see us- or the breakwall. we were a short cast from the wall and he came between us and it. he almost went aground. I wish he had.

i realize they have r.o.w., but don't they also have to pay attention to where the hell they're going? i mean, we could have been anchored and gotten run over.

that was 15 years ago and I'm still steamed about it.

rant over.