Troll Master pro troll 2 Issue

puking dog

I have a protroll 2 on a 9.9 Yamaha. Lately it's been screwing up and I'm wondering if anyone else has seen similar condition. After running 5 or 6 hours with no problem, the motor will suddenly speed up by it's self without touching the speed knob. Then the knob wont change the speed when you turn it, until you turn the unit off and back on again. I'm running off the big boat gas tank not the small tank and hose that came with the motor. Wondering if the servo motor is getting too hot or maybe the controller unit is getting too hot from sitting in the sun on the dash board. Or maybe fuel flow from running on a half full large gas tank is messing things up.

Any opinions ?  Pro troll is new this year and Yamaha is only 1 year old. Motor runs fine with manual throttle so I think it's the pro troll messing up.

Sounds like your Trollmaster is acting up. Might be going into max throttle mode by itself. When it acts up, try putting it into idle mode or shutting it off. If your motor drops back to idle then you'll know it's not the kicker. I've had Trollmaster Pro 2 for over 5 years and never had that issue. I've sealed mine with silicone after having it get wet fishing in the rain. Mine is velcro'd to a rigger so it sits in the weather. You might want to contact Trollmaster.

The pro troll , where it connects to your kicker motor linkage is getting loose. The screw is backing out . This has happen on mind a couple years back . It was driving me crazy . But works find last 2 years . Hope this helps.

Be sure you have constant 12 volt supply. If the voltage goes down, the servo will slowly edge the throttle upwards. Also be sure to run the servo wire inside the cowl of the motor away from spark plugs. The fields around the plug wires will mess with it. It's not likely a heat issue, but probably a voltage issue.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Lake Ontario United mobile app