oneida 7/4-7/6

limited out all three days, couldn't keep em off of us. worm hareness and bottom bouncers. fire tiger and a black and chartreuse was the hot ones for the week. first two days between 109-111 and little round 113. last day was really hot at 119-121. its horrible when you gotta get off the lake at 9 cause ya got limited out on 17-22 inch walleye. absolutely horrible ;)

storm front, tried calling on the radio on friday for ya. did you go out or did you end up going to owasco.

i ended up going to oswego and meeting landshark. nice guy. i don't get many days up there because of the size of my boat. so when the wind is right, i have to take it. great job on oneida. i have had the same problem this year. on the lake at 6. limit by 730. i might fish there wednesday if you want to meet up.

actually got wednesday off, thinking about it i will let you know. just with gas the way it is, its almost a $120 from rochester with the truck and the boat.

thanks shawn! how are the riggers treating you? heard you were out at hanks' did ya get the boat in tip top shape. i still gotta get a 15hp out to him.

Congrats!!

I was up on Oneida Friday and Saturday also-I was on the water Friday at 4:30 am and had my limit by 5:30 am plus 2 bonus big smallies! I have never caught a walleye in the dark and it was a first-including losing a hog at the back of the boat-netting by myself in the dark with just a headlamp. I went on to land 12 eyes that day plus 4 smallies and 4 white/silver bass. Between 12 and 2 I took a nap, anchored of Godfrey Pt. Saturday was even better-over 24 eyes and I got a later start and was off the water by 4. Both days trolling-best lures were jointed shad raps in perch and Daves' Kaboom in purple prism and black prism. 30-35 ' water/20-25' down/1.75 to 2.25 mph-northeast section of the lake. Average size was 18.5 "- 4 eyes were 21-22".

Walteye

You guys are breaking my heart!! I planned on coming up this past weekend, but ended up having to be at work instead. Oh well.. next week I'll be heading to Erie and hopefully posting a report! Good Fishing, Sluggo (Chris)

I was using 4 colors lead and snap weights. The deep divers I ran a combo of snap weights and dive curves, the jointed shad raps I ran the 4 colors lead core. I ran 5 colors pulling Renoskys and Bomber Long A-caght just a few on those. Early in the am I marked a lot right on the bottom-but could not entice them. Saturday was a day like no other for me-I was alone both days but between dragging in the boards loaded with grass and eyes-my arms and back are killing me-in a good way.

Walteye

Its been a great season so far -- jiging still lives on this season ;) . I think I put together the best 3 days, I think ever. Sounds Like I was in the same area as you all were. The "fish Gods" will make me pay for this statement :roll: .. but I think I could have jiged with a shoe and they would have hit it :D . I'll now get skunked for that comment :?

I know Landshark :? , for that comment - the next 5 trips the only thing I'll have to fillet is that sneaker! ;( ! With that water temp. I keep waiting for the jiging season to slow down and end but not yet!!! For me at least it's been a great year. I'm new to trolling and just started to play around with it. The jigging has been so good I just can't fire up the down riggers to play with it!!. Any trolling I do is really just trial and error practicing for what I hope will be runs up to Lake Ontario - I do want to get up to Oswego later in July and start going after Kings. If oswego goes well maybe next year I'll try and branch out a few weekends into the oak and the bar (and take a second morgage out for gas). That's a whole new ball game and I have a lot to learn :roll:. This site has been great and at least given me a lot to think about -- now i just have to put it in practice on the water and see what happens.

Anyway if your out on the water and see a yellow Scout with the "bite me" logo on the stern ... I'll be the one chewing on the sneaker and not catching anything :roll: !!