dipsy's

OK... so I know I run into a few fleas on Seneca when the water warms up but I will be making my first trip to Ontario in a few weeks and I will be fishing out of Henderson or Port Ontario.  How bad are the fleas and should I consider changing to wire instead of braid before I come up.  Thanks Guys.

Jim

Thanks.. I guess I better think about switching it out to stainless wire.  All of my reels are Magda 45's loaded with 65lb power pro.  Any idea how much backing I should keep on there to fill the spool with 1000' of 7 strand?

Thanks,

Jim

I fished yesterday with wire dipseys and the fleas were not that bad. I had Berkley big game on my down rigger rods, and fleas were brutal. Couldn't reel in a fish after 45 minutes in the water because the fleas would jam in the rod tip. My brother in law had some kind of blood run flea proof line and wasn't collecting fleas. I have to find out where he bought it and what it's called. Didn't run any braid.

I fished yesterday with wire dipseys and the fleas were not that bad. I had Berkley big game on my down rigger rods, and fleas were brutal. Couldn't reel in a fish after 45 minutes in the water because the fleas would jam in the rod tip. My brother in law had some kind of blood run flea proof line and wasn't collecting fleas. I have to find out where he bought it and what it's called. Didn't run any braid.

That would be the Sea Flea Mono from Blood Run its 30# so you know. Can order direct from there site at Bloodruntackle.com

We have the net man brush them off with the "S" type metal fish handling tool.

The slap technique cost me a mag dipsy, flasher, and fly rig.

Edited by tomb1

Any 30# mono will reduce the fleas dramatically. As of now here in central lake the fleas are winding down drama ally but with the east blow on lake who knows if they will come back or disappear now

I just ordered two spools of Blood Run Sea Flee from this place today.

www.clearh2otackle.com

I had the same issue on  the Blood Run site. They were all out of stock.

Thanks & Boat Safe

Egoody

I just ordered two spools of Blood Run Sea Flee from this place today.

www.clearh2otackle.com

I had the same issue on  the Blood Run site. They were all out of stock.

Thanks & Boat Safe

Egoody

I get a lot of stuff from them. Darren is a hell of a guy and my go to in a pinch when I can't find what I need here locally.