Point Breeze to East 7/27

Went down Tuesday morning and the lake was rockin!..waves that is..as a solo I didn't want to try messing with the wind and waves that were breaking spray over the jetty and breakwall. Went back home for the day and got ahold of my friend Steve to go out Wednesday morning. He brought along his grand daughter Alexis for the morning and it was a great day with a pond still lake..very warm however! Not so much warm in the deeper water inshore though and with the probe down 100 feet it was returning 43 degrees with 77 on the surface in 160 FOW.

I sent down a 42 second mag glow cup spoon on that probe and the other out down with a Mag Moonshine Geezer, then went for a center rigger to set up and got interrupted by the 42 second at 100 down. Felt small at first, handed the rod to Steve and said it's a baby, reel him in. A half minute later it's screaming away from the boat! Really fast!...both of are like what the!!!??...not so small after all, he just woke up! After a few hundred feet of drag burn, the fish stops, Steve begins pump and reel action, thumbing the line down on the rod for a little more pressure and the fish burns his thumb on another blistering run for a couple hundred more feet!...we were westbound and close to the fish now, and westbound was the fish too, off to the side and racing us on the surface about 50 to 75 feet away. A few throttle bursts to get him behind us and finally over the side in the net he comes..24.35 lbs on the digital.

Another smaller king of about 10 lbs came after that on a 400 copper outrigger set with twinkie rig 11 inch paddle and meat.

Had several other LARGE fish hit and either come unbuttoned or break off. All came from 100 to140 feet down in the ice water, and one on a 100 copper clipped to the ball @ 120 set over 170 FOW. A nice tough battle but broke the snell off in about 5 minutes on a twinkie meat rig. Also took the rig off to the side far enough to tangle with a long copper on the outrigger as it came up through the water column.....[emoji84] [emoji20] ..so that caused a copper knit job, and we spent a good bit of our time sorting that out, to no avail. Flats to the glass house was a decent amount of action out east of port. Mag spoons on riggers and meat rigs on three different coppers had top honors, but that was all we ran for the day. Did not get flies or dipsey presentation wet that morning. Alexis had a great time and was very fun out there! She loved touching the BIG FISH gramps caught! Once, while steve had the fish close to the surface, I reference to it as a shark, like all of us commonly do sometimes, and she became hesitant to see it come in!...she said "You said it was a shark!", when I asked her why she went to the front of the boat, and come see grampa's fish! It was funny as all heck how she picked that word "shark" up and spooked about that! She saw the teeth and just knew it was a shark! Lol! But then she had to feel the fish and that was good enough, for more, even after in the cooler for a hour..."Can I feel the fish?"..[emoji68] [emoji1] ..on the way back in she stood on the bow deck hanging on the front railing, and excitedly watching birds fly off the surface in front of us

Great day and smooth water!

Mark

post-140268-14697290244181_thumb.jpg

post-140268-14697290384511_thumb.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900P using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Awsome stuff!!! Great report and its always priceless with kids aboard, the stuff they say. was nice meetig u at the shoot out. Would like to see that coper to mono knot you were telling us about sometime.

Awsome stuff!!! Great report and its always priceless with kids aboard, the stuff they say. was nice meetig u at the shoot out. Would like to see that coper to mono knot you were telling us about sometime.

Thanks Joe!, was fun indeed! Be glad to demonstrate it sometime. Actually is no knot, and 100% strong.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Lake Ontario United mobile app