Daiwa 57 for copper

Can I fit 399' of 45# copper on a 57lc?

I have a bunch of cabelas cards to use up and they don't seem to have much of a selection in bigger reels except for tekotas and don't really want to spend that much for a reel that will only see a couple trips a year. Thanks

If you are talking about the 57LCSG3B  I think you may be able to get 400 of 30 lb with 900 ft of 30 lb Power Pro backing though.

If you are talking about the 57LCSG3B I think you may be able to get 400 of 30 lb with 900 ft of 30 lb Power Pro backing though.

Les is right about this model. I believe it has a 30lb mono capacity of 330 yards. In the case of your original question on 45 lb copper the answer would be yes for the 300 foot load and a 900 foot 30 lb power pro braid. It will fit very nicely with blood run 45 in 300 ft...vs..399! I know how big thumbs work too!

Les has pointed out the 32 lb version of copper and that will work also for 400 feet and the 900 braid backing as he mentioned.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Lake Ontario United mobile app

:lol:  I stand corrected.....it is 32 lb NOT 30 lb on that copper. I always think of it as 30 lb for some reason.....too much wire in my life perhaps? :)

:lol: I stand corrected.....it is 32 lb NOT 30 lb on that copper. I always think of it as 30 lb for some reason.....too much wire in my life perhaps? :)

Yes!...wired up like me..according to Ray K.. I stole all the outhouse wiring in Lyntucky to feed my need for copper!

Now everyone has to poooo..in the dark.[emoji90] [emoji102]

Sent from my SM-N900P using Lake Ontario United mobile app