Autopilot ideas

Sitex Sp110 hydraulic is probably your most economical and works fine I have installed quite a few of them

Sent from my SM-G935V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I had one of these installed a few years ago when they first came out on a mechanically steered boat for about 1700 dollars or so. They also make one for hydraulic steering boats which is about 400 to 500 dollars cheaper than my unit. Loved the unit! You can't go wrong with the price. PM fishthief about the unit.

Edited by MikeyP

Buck, here's an opinion for what it's worth, look at what you have and what you need to invest to get it to work. Electric motor up front needs a battery system. If you have the batteries already it might be a good choice. I pilots are running 1k? Now days to 1500.00. The Lowrance AP needs the HDS series sonar to run them. I think. So you have the cost of both units if you don't. Not sure what you have for sonar. If you have an HDS unit the Lowrance might be your ticket. If you don't look at the EV 100 by raymarine. 1246.00 plus a 300.00 rebate till sept 5. So for 900.00 you get a complete AP system. You don't need anything else to use it either. Have to tell ya, hard to beat. Simple as hell to install. Just another option for you good luck.

Sent from my iPad using Lake Ontario United

just ordered the EV-100 for my boat (wellcraft 200 w/ F200 and T9.9 kicker).  Looks to be sized appropriately, but not sure if I shouldve bumped up to the EV-200.  Frogger, what size boat do you run yours on?

Frogger is "the man" in the "Do it yourself world" :) (That transom he replaced looks  like a brand new boat) and a great fisherman as well. :yes: 

How much are the Raymarine ev 100 systems going for? I would imagine they aren't over $1000

EDIT: they went up a little butt can be had for $1200 I would highly recommend the hydraulic pump instead of the wheel drive. I can't hear mine over my kicker and even with the kicker off you can barely hear it and it's mounted right under the steering wheel.

Sent from my thinking chair...

Edited by Chas0218

Just ordered the EV-100. $1255 total including shipping. I ordered 1 quart of seastar steering fluid $27 including shipping. Not sure what else I'm going to need, maybe some T- fittings? I will post the finished product and any other hickups along the way. Special thanks to Frogger!

Sent from my SM-S920L using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Just wanted to add, you don't have to buy Seastar fluid, Way overpriced, Meyer snowplow fluid meets the same MIL spec as Seastar and is way cheaper