What a great event! I was planning to fish solo with the vet. I was pretty happy that the lake flattened out friday evening. Slept on the boat and around 1 am was woken up by some pretty heavy winds...sigh...knew it would be a looong day going solo. Jason and Chad were waiting because some of the vets didnt show. I offered my boat and told them i could use the help. They jumped abroad and off we went. We ended up going 8 for 11. Mix of small, medium and large kings...even a steelie thrown in. Early bite was 150 to 170 fow...90 rigger, 80 rigger, sliders and 225 dipsy on 3 setting took fish. Fishing was hot until 930 or so...then slowed. Thanks again to Nick and the Arneys crew for putting on a great event. Great looking fish all over at the weigh in. We had good numbers, missed some of the size..but the Vets arms were tired...so i was happy.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I participated out of Hughes and have to say that (Overkill-Capt. Jeff Stettler, Capt. Jerry Snyder of Dandy Eyes charters) and every single person involved in this event at Hughes Marina INCLUDING of course Stormin Norman Hughes and his wife Jeanette along with Barbecue Dan and John Pagliuso and the Williamson Fire Dept and Pultneyville Vol. Fire Rescue Boat and all the vets made for just a bang up day with good catches comming in, despite how Lake O behaved!  Next year should be even better and bigger!  I ain't kiddin when I say a first class operation all way.  Jeff Stettler provided the volunteer services of one of his construction crews throughout the weekend which was a huge help to the event.  The event even had a Black Hawk fly over at tree top level to look at the American Flag as provided by the Williamson Vol. Fire Dept.  That of course was serendipitous to the event.  thanks to all

PS  I know I am forgetting a ton of folks and sponsors but thanks to all

Ok I knew I would forget a very important person as it regarded my little task during this event.  That is Cosigner owner/capt. Dave Cole.  He and I were to flilet the catch and package it.  All I can say is  the dude is a fish filleting machine and I kid you not.  Done in under 30 minutes flat.  That is if I recall 6 or 7 coolers and one garbage bag of fish. Multiple fish in each.  Filleted, trimmed neatly, washed and packaged and organized back into the coolers. So there ya go

Edited by longbow