Lund sport fisherman 22' ?

Been talking to a guy on his. Lund sport fisherman 22'. Was wondering on everyone's opinion on the boat before I decide to bite or not. Motor was rebuilt last yr has met cruiser 4.3 transom done two years ago floor redone Everything from pictures looks great but. I'm new to the boating and. Unsure what to look for . Want to make sure I don't shoot my self. In the foot.!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Lund's are beautiful boats..... If you have questions, especially as a new boat owner, a survey is always money well spent. Or you might be able to take the boat to a marina and have it looked over by a mechanic for a price. Good luck to u!!

Also ask the seller to take you for a test drive so that he can show you how everything works. Make sure the engine shifts properly into forward and reverse, make sure it gets up on plane, all electrical stuff works such as lights and bilge, gauges on the helm, steering is good, etc.

I just sold a boat, and I wouldn't let the buyer pay me until I took him for a test drive. During the test drive the boat wouldn't go faster than 7 MPH, but just 3 days before this I was cruising at 35 MPH with my son on a bass fishing trip. Somehow after that bass fishing trip, some gremlins showed up in the 1986 Evinrude 90HP outboard and the left side power pack stopped working. I replaced the power pack and offered the buyer a 2nd test drive, and the boat ran great with a top speed of 37 MPH. He bought the boat because I showed him that everything worked as it was supposed to, and the test drive did my talking for me.

I won't buy or sell a boat without a test drive. That's just my opinion though.

The questions to ask off the top of my head, was the transom done as well?  How was the floor done and was the whole thing done, including the cabin?

Does he have receipts for the motor work? 

• 4 months later...