With eastern winds?

For now there is a clearly defined thermocline at about 50 foot down, so you should be able to take advantage of the thermocline hitting the bottom  and fish for browns in 60 degree water on the bottom in structure. You might want to consider live bait or jigging since trolling has been less than succesful.

Edited by rolmops

If you plan on fishing Oswego, consider going on a trip with Captain Rich Demong to start your vacation.   http://www.nyguideservice.com/about-us.html    

Fishing with Captain Rich aboard Seaduction is safe, amazing and invaluable.  I truly believe, and I bet most guys will agree, the money spent on a good charter is smart money considering what we spend on gas and TIME finding fish and figuring out what they want.  Going in on a charter with a few other guys cuts the cost dramatically.  This guy catches fish and is a lot of fun to fish with.  He will take the time to teach and explain the tactics that are working to ensure that when you go out on your own, you'll be set.  

Give Rich a call and tight lines!  Larry "Henrybud"

The east wind pushes the warm surface water out. Something has to replace it. Cold water from the deep surges in. I have experienced this first hand at camp on sandy pond. Swim in the lake one afternoon and its 75 degree bath water. Next morning run down and jump on and it's 53 degree ice water. Trust me. That wakes u up That is some of the reason for the strong subsurface currents

If your going out of the Big Salmon you might want to run north to Sandy pond. There have been plenty of fish in the 130' to 150' range for the last 2 weeks. Fish the North dune to Sandy Creek.

Agree. Out front of Mexico launch and salmon river has been a wasteland for me to say the least. From the north dunes up is a better bet. Not sure out front of Oswego but I heard that has been slow unless you go way deep. Then still only a few

Agree. Out front of Mexico launch and salmon river has been a wasteland for me to say the least. From the north dunes up is a better bet. Not sure out front of Oswego but I heard that has been slow unless you go way deep. Then still only a few

Yup, struck out in Oswego last week 2 days in a row. Same results as Mexico/nine mile.

Sent from my XT1080 using Lake Ontario United mobile app