Otisco monster bass

My son gets some great bass every spring, but we just don't see those huge fish during bass season during daylight. This largemouth is his best fish to date...fish was immediately released after a quick pic....no measurements were taken. I'm very proud...special fish just don't need all the handling and a number attached to validate an awesome fish. He hauls enough fish back for weigh ins...

post-151276-14699961966287_thumb.jpg

His proline has a huge live well and their stock live well system gets excellent reviews. Now all the new bass boats have great systems, but in 2004 the proline's were the best in that regard according to what we read prior to buying it. I was just happy his first thought was to get it back....at the same age I certainly would have had to keep the fish for IMO the wrong reasons...

Sent from my XT1080 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Looked at the picture several times thru out the day trying to decide if the 2 @~3lb smallmouth I caught yesterday, can offset the envy I have when I look at that beautiful fish. 

I expect to catch big bass (>5lb) while fishing for other fish in April and May and I don't like to count them as my best fish.  Since season, I haven't been able to exceed 18 inches.  It is nice to see someone doing extremely well.

Beautiful fish! Takes quite a bit of self restraint to not get a big fish's measurements in order to ensure its well being. Numbers are just numbers when the fish get that big. Seeing the fish swim away and knowing it'll be living is far superior than any measurement if you ask me. Congratulations to your son on getting an absolute hog, much respect for anglers like him.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United