Roemer release

I used to really like these releases and now they are out of bussiness. This past weekend fishing locally with 8lb test I noticed the line had cut a slot into the lower end of the roemar. My line broke in one instance and never released in the other due to being caught up in the slot. I never had this problem before. The realses are probably 15 or so yrs old. Do you suppose the plastic weakened and the line cut into it easier? Not sure how or why it happened.

On another note I'm looking for a good stacker. I have used the Chamberlan release for the lower one and like it so far. I have a scotty with the longline clip that attaches to the cable and like that as well. However I wonder how long the longline clip can ride up and up the cable on retrieve without hurting the cable or the clip. It is tough to hit the auto up and then try to stop it when the stacker arrives, sometimes your just too busy.

Also noticed scotty makes one with two clips, one for your line and one on the cable. what are the advanatges disadvantages of that set up? I would think the clip to the cable would wear when retrieved and sliding. Maybe I'm supposed to stop the rigger on retrieve at the stacker spot, but the roemar always allowed you to not worry about that.

thanks,

Spike

The reason the line is cutting into the lower part of the release is your putting the line in wrong you have to make sure that both lines come out on the same side( it forms a loop)if the lines come off on ether side the line digs into the clip when it is released then you will start breaking off fish and lures. I thin I have come up with a way to use the chambeline as a stacker I will post pictures when I'm done playing :)

I think it was ladybluegill who told me to twist line and hook it to the trigger only sorta like setting up a "Blacks release" .been doing it that way ever sence workes great and gets rid of problem your talking about.and that trigger part you need was hanging on the wall at --www.senecamarine.com give billy a call and hell maybe hell ship em to ya..

The reason the line is cutting into the lower part of the release is your putting the line in wrong you have to make sure that both lines come out on the same side( it forms a loop)if the lines come off on ether side the line digs into the clip when it is released then you will start breaking off fish and lures. I thin I have come up with a way to use the chambeline as a stacker I will post pictures when I'm done playing :)

Yeah I had always put the line in like the diagram on the release shows. If I pick up more (since mine are junk now) I'll try setting them in that way and the way Ray says.

In the mean time I'm going to start thinking about a way to stack Chamberlain releases too.

Thanks all

Spike

• 3 weeks later...