mexico bay /nine mile-new thread

We went out of little SR 6 am Saturday and started a north program at 100 fow in front of the SR . Went as deep as 160 fow . In 10 hrs not a rod fired but upon reeling in we had drowned a skippy .

Sunday we went out on a west program from 6 am till 10 am and never moved a rod as well .

While last year was a struggle , this year is much worse for us

Eastern end of Lake Ontario ( Mexico Bay Area) will forever be the bay of the gas pump. Want kings?? Burn gas!!! It can be the norm to run 18-25 miles to find a decent king bite!! Next day wind changes and you don't need to hardly get on plain for a decent few fish. It's all in the wind!

With the lake flipping who knows when a consistent bite will be. I was gonna head up thurs for a couple days of fishing. But who knows now. Maybe sodus point will be a better option. Have to keep a eye on the reports until then, will most likely be a last minute decusion

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I personally go for the fun of fishing the Great Lake with friends and family . Yup I burn gas , yes I would like to catch fish other then goby , mussels and dink perch . Really wanted to and trying to focus on a laker program from there , be it jigging , drifting or trolling just to find one . So far in 2 years there it hasn't happened , geesh Lakers are everywhere right ?

No matter no worries , the king is dead . Moving west for me only means more time and expense .

Didn't mean to come across as a complainer because I'm ok with my time spent in Mexico . Just throwing out my useless reports . So far I'm on week ( end ) 6 for the season at port . Catch rate = 2 Browns , 1 rainbow ( not steelhead ) , 1 skippy drowned salmon . The times she lets up play have been priceless .

It will come and it only takes 1

Rich

Edited by Rich s

It seems that I get a laker almost every time in out this season whether I'm targeting them or not. That usually means I need to speed up a bit sometimes that doesn't matter they are spread out in the water column and feeding heavily some days. I usually run north when I leave the LSR and start up near the dunes. That seems to hold a good population of them. You can virtually catch them anywhere in the lake but for me that area seems to be loaded with them. I would suggest putting cowbells on your rigger rods and have a spin glow or peanut in tow. Either will produce lakers consistently for you. Early in the season I purchased some ITO laker candy and took some nice ones using those. The one day out in June we did 3 that were in the slot limit and had to throw one back. They seem to work well on the bigger Lakers. Good luck to you.

Edited by Gotta Bite