fishing Sodus Point tomorrow any updated info?

I would agree Dave about temp not being everything but it is also hard to fish marks that are not there :) . I ran lines up high too  but there was nothing whatsoever on the screen... bait or fish with the exception of one fish between 25 and 30 and I was running something right there  without a hit. The salmon truly are often way out of temp and I'm not a fan of the whole "preferred temp" thing anyway but in the absence of any good data (marks) and nothing visible  on the surface, gulls, scum lines, or temp breaks/thermal barriers (indicated by darker water meeting lighter) it is the next thing on the list to try :) .

Edited by Sk8man

I took my kids out today from 1:30 until 4. Started in 40 fow...10 feet down it was 48 degrees. Decided to set lines and look for browns. Set lines right there...20 minutes in the 200 copper takes off...fish juming 3 to 4 feet out of the water 3 times...then off. Tried that 40 feet for another 45 minutes or so without a hit...moved in to 20 fow and had 3 browns in about 45 minutes before my daughters friend wasnt feeling great. Pulled lines and called it a good day. Side note...I was reading the temp conversation and my quick 2 cents...when the lake flips this much...good luck! I dont think i ever found a magic pill for a week of east winds and the lake flipping. I know people say kings are shallow, some say deep, some claim they scatter...who knows. I dont fish temp either for kings, but with the flip we just had, i think luck is what i hope for... or go for browns!

Sent from my SM-N920P using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Agree with Les, absent of any marks........I am putting my baits in the "preferred" water temps. I will go into a walk-in freezer to get an icecream sandwich but I ain't hanging out in the cooler. Look at the average temp of the ocean off the coast of Washington where the Tule strain originates and you will see the ocean temp does not vary much from 48-58 degrees. This is the temp they evolved in...the temps they prefer.