Triathlon Sunday at Taughannock

If your fishing plans include Sunday at Taughannock you may want to think again.  The park will be hopping and the road will be closed.  I don't know if they close the park completely, it doesn't say, so it's unclear if you can launch or not.  

From the Ithaca Journal: "Motorists will be detoured temporarily Sunday as the Cayuga Lake Triathlon takes place at Taughannock Falls State Park. 

A detour will be in place from 7 a.m. to approximately noon Sunday as cyclists will be on state Route 89 from Taughannock Falls State Park to county Road 139 in Sheldrake. The detour will be on Route 89 between Gorge Road and Cayuga View Road.  Motorists are advised to choose an alternate route."

A long time ago I was fishing at Long Point State Park and I thought I'd save time and launch very early in the AM so I just parked all night near the launch with my boat and trailer and slept in the truck. In the wee hours of the AM I awoke to the sound of people talking and various loud noises. I looked out the window and there were hundreds of people surrounding me and taking their kayacks off their car tops and bicycles etc. and I was blocked in and had to get the hell out off there and went to Owasco instead :lol:

Edited by Sk8man

The wife does the Cayuga Triathlon every year and believe me you don't want to go anywhere near Tgk on Sunday between 6am and Noon. The swim typically happens off the south edge of the point, so you also can't fish that bay south of the point until probably 11am.

I don't know of any reason why Myers would be bad on Sunday except for the forecast calling for stiff winds out of the NW.

Kyle

A long time ago I was fishing at Long Point State Park and I thought I'd save time and launch very early in the AM so I just parked all night near the launch with my boat and trailer and slept in the truck. In the wee hours of the AM I awoke to the sound of people talking and various loud noises. I looked out the window and there were hundreds of people surrounding me and taking their kayacks off their car tops and bicycles etc. and I was blocked in and had to get the hell out off there and went to Owasco instead :lol:

. Hey that was a great plan though.. I mean you gotta beat alot of boats out for that early bite!!