canandaigua outing

Hadn't been on the lake since 2014 so we thought we'd give it a try. Launched from Woodville. Fished from 8 till 1.

Boated 1 laker and 1 brown..Both fish  caught on spoons 65ft down. Missed one other hit. Quite

a lot of weed mats. No fleas though. Marked very few fish! I wonder why the canandaigua reports are so few.

Tight lines, Jerry Sz

Hadn't been on the lake since 2014 so we thought we'd give it a try. Launched from Woodville. Fished from 8 till 1.

Boated 1 laker and 1 brown..Both fish  caught on spoons 65ft down. Missed one other hit. Quite

a lot of weed mats. No fleas though. Marked very few fish! I wonder why the canandaigua reports are so few.

Tight lines, Jerry Sz

Good that you had some action at least. Probably a couple reasons why no reports. For awhile now the fishing has been off for trout and not much marked out there. The other reason is that is is now the height of the recreational boating season and even on the week days is gets crowded and everything  seems to be "spooked" by all the commotion after 10 AM especially and last timeout there were even a bunch of jet skis near me at 7 AM :lol:

Edited by Sk8man

post-145978-0-83728000-1470282121_thumb.jpg

I have not had much time to post but this was last Saturday. We fished 7-11:30am. 3 browns, 3 bows and several Lakers. Browns started out the day on the 10 color core and then I ran a dipsy out 99 ft which took two bows and a few other dropped fish. Hit the Lakers later in the morning right off bottom in 70fow. Weeds have gotten pretty bad today but still managed some nice Lakers and a few bows on the same setup.