New to the fishery

LOSTFROMFLORIDA

Hey guys new to walleye fishing. I have been fishing trout and salmon on Lake O for the past couple years but my limits how far out I can go. With the lake "flipping" I don't feel like taking my 15ft whaler out deep.

Just looking for some tips as far as tackle and maybe a few places to launch from. I have down riggers on my boat and a few sets of inline planers.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys and tight lines.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

best walleye action is farther north, chaumont bay, henderson harbor, etc.. most guys on here will share trout and salmon info, but walleye intel is hard to come by.. best bet would be to start playing around up there and see what you can find.  with the right wind its very protected in the north bays up there, alot different than the main lake. If you really want to dial in, find a walleye charter and spend a few bucks, most are decent guys..  goodluck

There are walleye all over if you plan to drive and dunk.... Grab a lake contours map book at gander and it provides species data for each lake in the region. I have one for the 3 counties I fish.... Very useful information. There are numerous ways to fish walleye and some methods work better than others on a particular body of water. Trolling stick baits from a planer board is effective in some areas while jigging is more effective elsewhere and dont forget the mighty worm harness. Really have to spend some time and see what works best. Oneida Lake is a well known walleye fishery and not too far from Rochester. I have not personally fished it yet but plan on doing so this ice fishing season!! Hear good things about the walleye and perch. Good luck.