Cayuga lake 8/2 &8/3

After a few years of less then stellar trips to Cayuga my son and I finally had a great couple day out there. I owe it all the lurking I have done on this site. Thanks to all that share information. We started out yesterday from the camp site on the north end. Trolled to long point with copper and dipsy's dipsy's on mono and downrigger. Caught fish on all. Lost almost all that hit the mono because we couldn't trip the dipsy. Ran to bass pro and picked up some braid. Today was rough. We ran up the long point and trolled south back to camp. Yesterday's total was 4 small rainbows 1 26" rainbow, 3 short salmon, and 2 keeper lakers. Today was 1 keeper salmon 3 shorts salmon

post-150652-14702717049895_thumb.jpgand 5 keeper lakers. Only iced 1. All lures and techniques worked. Best lure was blueberry muffin but anything chartreuse worked well. Fished from 40 to 70 ft down over 100-120 fow.

Nice job dad & jr. there's no better way to fish than with family, I know my fishing has dropped off since dad passed. Now my daughters are getting into fishing so maybe they'll get me to kick it in gear like I used to be into fishing, my one daughter loves to fish. Way to adapt and overcome the dipsy issue!! Great post and best of luck next trip!!!