Ruff Rider Sodus Live Report 2016 Aug 5-7

Yeah I think he will be happy with that combo. The simrad stuff is really nice and it's close to the nss evo model, but I don't think the screen gers bigger than 7 inch in the GO series. The tablet idea takes care of that and with a 12 inch screen there you cam have a unit to move around and velcro it to the helm area or the rigging area..where ever! Its a good combo! The transducer is a key element to its power in the water as with anything sonar.

Good choices Nick!

Sent from my SM-N900P using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Its A Fishal - It shouldn't be a problem with the 83 khz as it is far enough away in frequency but with CHIRP the unit "fills in" the lower frequencies so it probably is hitting the 70 khz frequency directly and therein lies the problem I think.

Yeah I think he will be happy with that combo. The simrad stuff is really nice and it's close to the nss evo model, but I don't think the screen gers bigger than 7 inch in the GO series. The tablet idea takes care of that and with a 12 inch screen there you cam have a unit to move around and velcro it to the helm area or the rigging area..where ever! Its a good combo! The transducer is a key element to its power in the water as with anything sonar.

Good choices Nick!

Sent from my SM-N900P using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Yeah the GO7 is the same as the NSS7 without buttons and no ethernet, but with wifi.

I have depth raider but cable issue's every year. I can live with older fish finder and gps. Can't live without proper down speed/temp.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

You can use the Walker 'vision' cable with the DR probe and your cable problems will be history- 8 years on mine w/ zero issues.

Its A Fishal - It shouldn't be a problem with the 83 khz as it is far enough away in frequency but with CHIRP the unit "fills in" the lower frequencies so it probably is hitting the 70 khz frequency directly and therein lies the problem I think.

Keep your fingers crossed for me. Will have new setup complete by Friday. I think I'll be happy with my choice.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

You can use the Walker 'vision' cable with the DR probe and your cable problems will be history- 8 years on mine w/ zero issues.

How is that different than any coated cable? My cable always gets chafed and coating wears off and I lose signal. Updated to newer style pulleys on my mag10 hs riggers.

How is that different than any coated cable? My cable always gets chafed and coating wears off and I lose signal. Updated to newer style pulleys on my mag10 hs riggers.

It's not coated. It is a braided cable. It's nothing like the DR cable- totally different.

Is this the Walker cable you mean?

Temperature Cable

Two-hundred feet of coaxial downrigger temperature cable with thermistor affixed for use with TSR models.

Part No. DTS-TC Specify for DTS 2000 or DTS 3000

i had a color c lector years ago was salmon fishing on april 1 st no bites tried  it out said to use red and blue went through tackle only thing i had was a half oz rattle trap for bass tied it on my buddy just laughed caught 3 salmon in like 10 minutes then lost it to a ice burg only fish we caught that day .

Is this the Walker cable you mean?

Temperature Cable

Two-hundred feet of coaxial downrigger temperature cable with thermistor affixed for use with TSR models.

Part No. DTS-TC Specify for DTS 2000 or DTS 3000

Sorry been off the grid. Alas the cable I got was from those guys that had the cool shop in Oswego for awhile called 'St. Peters(maybe) Outfitters. pretty sure they have been out of business for a while.