Fished the inside waters from the Genny to Lewis Shoal, 60 to 100 FOW. Wind was brisk out of the SSW, waves building as you move deeper, 17 ft. tin boat, so stayed close today. Good temps..... 55 degrees 70 over 90, a few nice bait pods, very few hooks on the screen.  Cycled through many lures and sets...... 3 1/2 hours.... first skunk of the year..  Fleas are there, but manageable.  Back out Monday AM

Jim S..

Edited by J.D.

Fished the inside waters from the Genny to Lewis Shoal, 60 to 100 FOW. Wind was brisk out of the SSW, waves building as you move deeper, 17 ft. tin boat, so stayed close today. Good temps..... 55 degrees 70 over 90, a few nice bait pods, very few hooks on the screen. Cycled through many lures and sets...... 3 1/2 hours.... first skunk of the year.. Fleas are there, but manageable. Back out Monday AM

Jim S..

You needed to be in the 225 range. From what I'm hearing even a little further. 55 degrees is just to warm, IMO. I understand your boat size. Need to find 44 to 46 degrees. That's where they are. Hope you get the opportunity to venture out further.

They will be staging in a few weeks give or take. Your boat will be great then.

Happy Fishing, see you out there

Sent from my SM-N900V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

You needed to be in the 225 range. From what I'm hearing even a little further. 55 degrees is just to warm, IMO. I understand your boat size. Need to find 44 to 46 degrees. That's where they are.

Copy that.... we have been working 200 / 250 FOW before the flip and were doing well. I had a newbie on board today and hoped to score a few browns without venturing into too "sporty" a chop..... didn't want to scare him off .