Home made planers!

So I was in need of good planer board. They are expensive and I was not sure if I was able to make my own. My dad is great at making stuff and found some semantics of a 3 board planer. He ended up giving it a shot. After reading some bad reviews on the riveara and walker boards at 100$ a piece why not build your own for half the price. They came out great let's see how they run!

post-159302-14704439204978_thumb.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

To store them collapsed, use flat aluminum plates about an inch wide attached to the top and bottom of the board with toilet fasteners. They have screw threads on one end and machine screw threads on the other end. Wing nuts tighten and loosen the the flat bars to open or collapse them. The flat bars slice through the water easily. The threaded rods go into your storage to use for other needs.

If they pull 1/2 again as much as the set a friend made me you'll need garage door cable to hold them, better have a sturdy mast or deploy both at the same time lol

I did Same thing made my own. I used chain link fence top rail for my mast. Cut off a 3 inch piece. Weld to a mounting plate. Attach to boat. Take the other piece, mine is 6 feet tall, and slide the swaged end into the base plate. Removable mast. I just drilled a hole through and put a hitch pin in it. I used toilet flange for my line spools. One plastic one with the stainless ring, glued together. The stainless ring rotates.

Sent from my XT1030 using Lake Ontario United mobile app